NCHF has been serving the needs of our North Carolina military and their families – active duty and veterans – facing financial hardship for over thirteen years and has assisted hundreds of our military and their families facing hard times to find a way through. Let us help you find a way to take care of short-term financial stress so it does not impact you and your family long-term.
Do you need financial assistance with overdue bills, repairs, or other critical family needs?
If you are from North Carolina or stationed in North Carolina and are active duty, deployed, a veteran, or are a wounded, ill or injured service member — you may be eligible for assistance from the NCHF.
If any of these situations apply to you?
- Do you have a North Carolina Connection? Are you …
- A veteran and North Carolina native
- A veteran who now calls North Carolina home
- Associated with a North Carolina Guard or Reserve Unit
- Active duty stationed in North Carolina
- Is your Financial Hardship connected to your military service?
- Did you suffer an injury in a recent deployment which has impacted your finances
- Have your VA Disability payments not yet begun
- Have a disability, but still waiting for a rating to be service-connected
- Is your family experiencing financial strain due to your deployment
- Other circumstances tied to your service
If you meet this criteria, please fill out an application online or via pdf.
For questions regarding this process, call 1.888.777.0955 or email email@example.com
Application for Financial Hardship Grant
Things You Can Do To Help Your Chance of Getting a Grant:
1. Provide ALL requested information with your application, including forms, copies of bills, and photos. Incomplete information may lead to denial of application.
2. Provide email and phone numbers and be available to answer questions.
3. You will help your chances for approval if you provide as much detail as possible regarding your military service and your specific financial hardship.
If you do not wish to fill out your application online, please download the PDF version here.